Date Of Birth: In the 70s, I'm old! LOL
Hometown: Ten Sleep, WY
Current Location: Ten Sleep, WY
Favorite Zone: Ten Sleep
Proudest Achievement: Founding Bighorn Climber's Coalition
Favorite Advocacy Org: Bighorn Climbers' Coalition
I started climbing in the early 90s. For quite some time, I thought I wanted to be the best climber there ever was, but ultimately life taught me that I really didn't want that after all. Instead, I've grown up to realize that the most important things in life once one's basic needs are taken care of are love and laughter, and staying interested and engaged and motivated in activities that challenge you and make you enjoy your life. This is why even after 25 years of climbing, I still find it to be fun and motivating. Every climb and every climbing day is different. Each brings me new adventures and challenges, plus usually a solid dose of laughter and love as well. Because of climbing, I've traveled all over the world and met cool people from all over the world. Because of climbing, I've enjoyed staying active and fit for my entire life so far. Because of climbing, I met my husband (and my dog, too). It's a wonderful thing!
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: A high school boyfriend talked me into trying it. I was hooked immediately.
- Who were your influences early in life?: Billy and Blaze, Nancy Drew, Judy Blume, Lao Tzu, and Stephen King. I read a lot when I was a kid.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: There is so much rock to be climbed! Also, I am a sun-loving fool. And I like trees. And cacti. And wildflowers. And juniper. Need I continue?
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: The brand is genuinely about outdoor living and lifestyle. SCARPA understands what people who spend time outside actually want and need in terms of products.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: Always innovative and top quality. The climbing shoes are the best I've ever worn in terms of fit and performance.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Coffee, no matter how big or small the day is. A cup of fresh-brewed black coffee is an essential part of my morning.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: Needing more rest to have a better training or performance day the next day on. It's usually a valid excuse though - meaning that rest is an absolutely essential part of any effective training program, since bodies only grow stronger with rest.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Recovery would be Clif Recovery Protein Drink Mix. Apres would be red wine.
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: At the moment, it would be The Sound of Silence by Disturbed. Keep them dogs quiet while I'm climbing, please!
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: The Man Who Knew Infinity
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Anywhere with a plentitude of amazing steep sport climbing and perfect weather, plus inexpensive but comfortable accommodations. Like Refugio la Roca in Colombia, where I went in January 2017.
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Somebody who can do things safely, laugh a lot and not take it too seriously, and have similar expectations in terms of length of day and appropriate weather conditions and choice of terrain.
- Two truths and a lie: I graduated from Harvard University. I am an avid online gamer. I grew up in Milwaukee.