Date Of Birth: October 11
Hometown: Boise, ID
Current Location: Denver, CO
Favorite Zone: Cathedral Spires
Proudest Achievement: Full Facial on Cynical Pinnacle
Favorite Advocacy Org: American Alpine Club
Most of my life has been spent dreaming about or committing to a physical challenge of some sort. My favorite daydreams have always been those that are set in the mountains. It was not until I found climbing however that I had a direction ... a true passion worth fashioning a life around. I was nineteen and living in Central Oregon when climbing took over my life. Early on I was lucky enough to find mentors that helped teach me the value in travel and a good adventure. Now I live with my girlfriend in Denver, Colorado and run a small cabinet shop to pay the bills. My passions remain the same and my daydreams have only grown grander. I look forward to being an old man with lots of stories to tell my listeners and my favorite stories are those of travel and adventure.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: At first it was just a way to get outside with good friends. We bouldered every day and couldn't get enough. I remember buying foam sleeping pads from Costco to use as "crash pads."
- Who were your influences early in life?: Like most kids I looked up to professional athletes. But I think the most influential title goes to my Grandmother for her unwavering support and positivity.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: The natural challenge and freedom of thought that comes with being outdoors.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: As clichè as it sounds, I think of the SCARPA as more of a family than a brand. A family that is as passionate about their product and the communities they provide for.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: Commitment to quality
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: The Coffee doesn't make itself.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: A good hockey game
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Ice cold brewski
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Bottom line, Swollen Members
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Land Before Time
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Big mountains with tall steep granite faces and a couple of psyched friends. Sichuan..?
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Someone who embraces challenge and smiles in the face of adversity. If we are not having fun we are not doing it right.
- Two truths and a lie: I have climbed big granite walls all over the world but never been to Yosemite. Growing up in Idaho I was a Teatherball state champion three years in a row for my age group (Losing only to my older sister during that time). As a middle school astronomy student I won a national competition to be a part of the design team for one of the first U.S. built Mars Rovers.