Date Of Birth: March 20
Hometown: Kirkland, WA
Current Location: Leavenworth, WA
Favorite Zone: Index, WA
Proudest Achievement: Its not the hardest route Ive done, but a memorable ascent was Bobcat Cringe 12b. Mentally, I really struggled with this one.
Favorite Advocacy Org: The Access Fund
"There are many things I love about climbing. At first, it was the experience of pure silence in my mind and being outside. Then I fell in love with the movement, the mental and physical challenge and the people we get to meet and spend time with. Climbing has truly given me a rich life, not in possessions but experiences and lessons. Theres always more ways to learn and grow in climbing no matter the discipline or time spent doing them. "
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I worked with a climber years ago. I asked him all the time to take me out. Finally, one day he did and thats all she wrote. Instantly I knew that climbing was IT.
- Who were your influences early in life?: I studied martial arts before I was a climber. My Kung-fu master, Mr. Jones had a huge impact on me. To this day, I still have never met anyone like him. He taught me so many amazing things that I carried over in to climbing
- What draws you to the outdoors?: I love being outside. I've always felt more at home outdoors than indoors. Its important for me to be conscious of the impact I have on the environment. Green all day every day!
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: SCARPA is such a wonderful brand that makes excellent climbing shoes. My very first pair of climbing shoes were SCARPA!
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: SCARPA makes high quality products that cater to very specific needs of a climber in all disciplines.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: I usually don't sleep very much before a big day so its pretty easy to wake up since I never really went to sleep.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: An Injury
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: A nice cold beer
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: It changes but currently I would say “Pure Imagination” In Charlie in the Chocolate factory. Yes, I know, I am a dork
- What’s the last movie that made you cry?: Yikes! Not sure. Like real tears?
- What’s your dream trip or expedition?: So many to choose from! Ever since I was little, I have always wanted to go to Africa. I went to Morocco a few years ago, which was incredible, but it is such a small piece of Africa. One day I hope to see more
- What makes a good adventure partner?: It depends on the objective but a good sense of humor goes a long way
- Two truths and a lie: I caught a rattle snake once, I hate carrots and I have a twin brother