Date Of Birth: December 16
Hometown: Aspen, CO
Current Location: Aspen, CO
Favorite Zone: Elk Mountains
Proudest Achievement: 4th Place, Pierra Menta
Favorite Advocacy Org: POW
I grew up snowboarding until my interest in exploring grew beyond the ski area boundary. Ski touring seemed to be the only reasonable way to get to the places I wanted to go. I have progressed from a back of the pack racer with the 'I just want to finish,' attitude to winning three consecutive US Ski Mountaineering Championships in both the individual and teams races and being a member of the U.S. National Ski Mountaineering team. Although I love training for and competing in races, my real passion is for exploring new mountain ranges, both near and far on skis, bike, and foot.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I started as a spectator, but it turns out ski mountaineering racing isn't a very interesting sport from the sidelines.
- Who were your influences early in life?: My parents and friends parents played a big role in shaping how I wanted to live my life. They took me camping and traveling and instilled a love for the outdoors in me.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: The unbelievable beauty of the mountains and the natural world keep me coming back for more.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: SCARPA leads the way in continuously innovating and product design and how can you say no to fluorescent yellow boots?
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: For me it's really about the quality of their products, I like that everything is designed to be durable because I don't like to worry about my equipment failing me when I'm in a race or in the backcountry!
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Usually Max, my fiancè, and the speck of hope I hold that he's already made the coffee
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: Usually my "rest" days are built into busy work weeks.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: red wine
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Ain't no mountain high enough.
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Usually I catch up on all my movie watching on the plane and end up asleep.
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Bhutan - not for the skiing or the peak bagging, but for the mountains and the culture. Skiing Denali is also very high on my bucket list!
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Aside from all the mandatory things like trustworthy, dependable, punctual and one who remembers to turn on their beacon and make sure I've done the same - I like a partner who can move efficiently through the mountains and doesn't need to stop a lot.
- Two truths and a lie: I'm an Aspen native. Someday I hope to have a house on the beach. My favorite color is black.