Date Of Birth: May 24
Hometown: Nantes, FR
Current Location: Gold Hill, CO
Favorite Zone: Longs Peak
Proudest Achievement: Tour de 14ers
Favorite Advocacy Org: Colorado Fourteeners Initiative
I am an endurance athlete living in Gold Hill, Colorado with my wife Deanne and dog Bella. I have been running ultras for close to a decade, competing around the world in places such as Colorado, the Alps, Mexico's Copper Canyon, Alaska and Japan. I've competed in trail and mountain running events such as the Hardrock Hundred, the UltraTrail du Mt. Blanc, the Western States 100, the UltraTrail Mt. Fuji, the Tor des Géants (200 miles in Italy), the Iditarod Trail Invitational (350 miles in Alaska in winter). My most recent project was The Tour de 14ers in August of 2016. I linked all of Colorado's fourteen thousand foot peaks in 31 days, self-powered and self-supported by bike and on foot starting and finishing at my home in Gold Hill. I derive my inspiration from exploring wild places under my own power with a focus on promoting local self-powered adventure. I'm also a writer, photographer and coach.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: Coming from more of a climbing and backpacking background, I was attracted to running as a simplification of both of those activities, as a means to explore wild places under my own power.
- Who were your influences early in life?: My grandfather was a big influence in my life, everything from reading lists to philosophy and he also gave me my first camera.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: It's an innate attraction. I just feel most comfortable being outside.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: I love SCARPA's mountain heritage and the brands dedication to high quality craftsmanship. I also love working with a group of core individuals who are very creative and really push me to elevate my own work.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: SCARPA products are mountain-specific, built to the highest quality and tailored to the activities that I like to do. I'm always confident that I have the right tool for the job.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Stoke
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: Recovery
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Smoothie / craft beer (not mixed together)
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Fruitvale Station
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Running/climbing in the Himalayas
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Having similar objectives, reliability and a good sense of humor.
- Two truths and a lie: I'm British, I'm French, I'm American.