Date Of Birth: July 31
Hometown: Reno, NV
Current Location: Boulder, CO
Favorite Zone: RMNP
Proudest Achievement: Top Notch and Don't Get to Greedy in a day
Favorite Advocacy Org: American Alpine Club
I was introduced to climbing in 1999 and have been addicted since. Within one year I was competing in the youth circuit as well as honing my skills outside on rock. Growing up around the Sierras provided access to many amazing areas such as Lake Tahoe, Donner Summit, Yosemite and Bishop. All of these areas still feel like home, and they've had a big influence on me as a climber and person. I enjoy all aspects of climbing however I am most intrigued and motivated when I am pushing my physical limits. Therefore I have focused on competition and outdoor bouldering for many years and occasionally I get psyched on a sport project. Route setting has been a part of my climbing life since I started and I have been a Level IV National Setter for USA Climbing since 2008. I have set many Pro, Youth and local competitions as well as commercially for many gyms throughout the country and a few in Europe. In addition to climbing rocks I also love documenting other Athletes experiences, struggles, and achievements through photography and videography.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I was introduced in a gym setting by close friends and never looked back.
- Who were your influences early in life?: Chris Sharma, Jared Roth, and Malcolm Smith were bouldering super hard when I started so they really motivated me to get stronger.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: I'm honestly not sure... I just really love it.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: It's a family vibe.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: Quality is never sacrificed.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Motivation to keep pushing myself.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: I haven't been resting enough.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Water with some essential amino acids.
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Tick of the clock by Chromatics.
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Don't' usually cry during movies but I watched a Ted Talk that about had me in tears recently. It is called 'My Stroke of Insight.
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Probably just a year of world travel to all the best bouldering areas!
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Mainly someone who is motivated and positive and is willing to hike in a crash pad.