Date Of Birth: November 20
Hometown: Millarville, AB
Current Location: Calgary, AB
Favorite Zone: Rocklands
Proudest Achievement: Bunda De Fora, First 5.14d.
Favorite Advocacy Org: Access Fund
I began climbing as a child (5 years old) with my dad and older brother. We spent a ton of time climbing all around the world seeing new areas and meeting new people. Once the indoor scene started up in Canada, I was able to focus a lot more on climbing and got really into doing competitions. I competed for most of my youth and a lot of my adult life until I grew frustrated with the weird ass style comps started having ("world cup style"). I quit comps and started pursuing more heavily my outdoor passion for climbing. I primarily sport climb and boulder. Over the years I have become one of the top rock climbers in Canada. I love the hard movement and challenge of sport climbing and bouldering, there is nothing like it! In spring 2017 I opened my own bouldering gym in Calgary. This has become a huge part of my life and I look forward to seeing where this road takes me.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I started climbing as a kid with my family. We spent all of our time traveling the world finding new areas to climb.
- Who were your influences early in life?: Probably Lev Pinter and Sonnie Trotter, these two dudes were legends and I learned a lot from them as a kid.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: I love a challenge, whether it's a hard route or just trying to go climbing in Feb in Canada with 5 feet of snow on the hike.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: SCARPA is dope. SCARPA has created a lineup of shoes that I have never seen matched. I like that SCARPA is involved and psyched on so many elements of the outdoor industry, it's cool being on the same team as bad ass skiers and mountaineers.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: Italian made! Nuff said.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Straight psyche. I love it. I love the mountains, and I love climbing.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: I don't skip training. If I try, I punish myself with a harder workout.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Wine. It's good for the soul
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: I am not a big music guy. I would roll up in silence and freak people out.
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Marley
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: I have done most of my dream trips but I think next in line is a bouldering trip in Auz.
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Someone I can trust and someone who works just as hard as me.
- Two truths and a lie: My middle name is Tree. I won a World Cup. I am Canadian