Date Of Birth: March 24
Hometown: Jackson, WY
Current Location: on an airplane
Favorite Zone: Where it's snowing.
Proudest Achievement: Pretty Faces Film
Favorite Advocacy Org: SheJumps.org
I was a young ski racer who wasn't so passionate about ski racing but loved the mountains. Growing up watching ski films, I always left the theatre inspired by the community that gathered around a love of powder snow and never noticed the absence of females in many films. When my cousin (one of the first big mountain pioneers, AJ Cargill) kidnapped me from college at MSU in Bozeman and took me to my first big mountain comp I got inspired. For a time I held a real job in graphic design, but it made me miserable. So eventually I decided to go for my dream of helping to inspire people thru ski films. It took me two years to accomplish the ski film dream. After proving myself on the freeskiing competition tour (though I hated competition), I went on to be in TGR, and it's been a ride since then. After almost 10 years of being in ski films, I finally decided to make the film I'd always seen in my head. No one believed in Pretty Faces, an all-female film, at first so I had to fund raise myself. But it worked beautifully. The powder-loving community completely supported it. People still ask every day for a Pretty Faces 2 but we shall just have to see. For me, it was how I wanted to thank the skiing community for what it has done for me. I was honored to create something for young girls to look up to see all the badasses they too could aspire to become. Currently I'm writing the "Unicorn Handbook" a fun approach to making your dreams a reality...oh, and I ski...a lot.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I was born into it...dad was on the US downhill team for a bit, mom was a fashionista who even created her own line of ski wear in Sun Valley. They worked their buns off to live the lifestyle, and I don't take a minute of it for granted.
- Who were your influences early in life?: Mom, Dad...my ski coaches shaped me a ton. My cousin AJ, and my graphic design professor.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: Everything. The outdoors treats everyone the same: gender, weight, how much money you have or don't have. She loves us all the same, and she will kill you if you don't respect her haha.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: SCARPA's got SOUL!!! This team is small but it believes in the stuff that matters, it has integrity. That's everything.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: Quality and performance are number one...that's rare. I'm honored to represent such an authentic brand.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: My team. I don't want to let them down.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: Traffic.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Milkshake with raw milk and strawberries.
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Joan Jett...anything.
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Something by Woody Allen.
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Skiing or trekking all the Unicorn mountains around the world and hunting for magic.
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Someone humble and non-judgmental, a good communicator with a good sense of humor but who has their shit together and likes to get up early because I do not.
- Two truths and a lie: I am blond, I have my shit together, I have an amazing dog. (all lies)