Date Of Birth: February 28
Hometown: Idaho Springs, CO
Current Location: Golden, CO
Favorite Zone: The Chugach
Proudest Achievement: Silver Tip, Chugach Range
Favorite Advocacy Org: Winter Wildlands Alliance
Skiing has always been in my life, partly because I grew up in the mountains. My parents grew up skiers in Leadville, and they passed the sport on to me at a young age. All my life memories, jobs, friends, family trips, and dreams have always included skiing. I grew up racing, free skiing, Nordic skiing and I still do it because It makes me happy. The reason I fell madly in love with the sport is because it makes me feel like a bird, especially when I take big air! It also puts me in beautiful and peaceful locations where I can clear my mind of clutter, in places I would otherwise have no business in. I also enjoy the physical challenge it presents as well as the freedom it inspires. Skiing with my best friends and watching them progress the sport is also a huge inspiration for my life. It makes me feel more alive and makes me want to live more.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I started skiing at 2yrs old at Loveland Ski Area. I raced through high school and began free-skiing in college. I've been free-skiing ever since.
- Who were your influences early in life?: My Father, Uncle, and brothers were my main influences early in life.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: Fresh air and beautiful views.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: I like that SCARPA is always trying to make a more efficient boot. I also like that SCARPA listens to what's happening in the smaller genres of skiing and develops the best boots for those markets.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: I like SCARPA products because they are so practical for mountaineers.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Butterflies. I actually barely sleep before a big powder day.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: If I skip a training day it's because something needs rest, usually my left knee or lower spine.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Coconut water
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Mama Tried, Merle Haggard
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Braveheart
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: I really want to party the entire Haute Route from Chamonix to Zermatt
- What makes a good adventure partner?: A good partner can hold a similar pace, has similar strengths, similar endurance, and similar temperament.
- Two truths and a lie: I studied jazz in college. I've been to every state. I base jump off a local cell tower twice a week.