Date Of Birth: September 8
Hometown: Fenwik-Niagara, ON
Current Location: Canmore, AB
Favorite Zone: Ghost Wilderness Area
Proudest Achievement: AMGA Alpine Guide Cert
Favorite Advocacy Org: Access Fund
I presently work and live fulltime in Canmore, Alberta, where I guide year round in the Canadian Rockies. It is a dream job for me that I never imagined I would have as a young kid. Growing up in Southern Ontario, I worked as a paddling guide for Outward Bound and Youth at Risk programs but then climbing consumed me. I worked for NOLS and St Lawrence University and eventually found home in Canmore where I pursued my ACMG Alpine Guide certificate. I've been fortunate enough to travel to many different places to climb and adventure, but I could easily be the happiest exploring the mountains in my own backyard for the rest of my life!
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I was a rock climber for a while, but once I moved to Canmore and learned how long winters were, I had no choice but to learn ice and mixed climbing. Not a bad way to spend 8 months of the year!
- Who were your influences early in life?: My uncle took me on a canoe trip when I was 10 or so, and that is what really spurred my desire for the challenges and simplicity that can only be found outdoors.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: It's where I like myself the most. I'm the most ME outside
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: SCARPA is leading edge- function and performance in one.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: SCARPA products are the most durable foot wear I've ever used. I've worn the same pair of boots every day for a few winters in Canada, and they are still in amazing shape. That's good value. Plus they are always on the cutting edge. From creating the best new fruit boots, to non- stop top of the line climbing shoes.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Knowing that in a few hours, the sun will come out, and other normal human beings will actually be up and doing things too....that, and because it's ALWAYS worth it once you're out there.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: I'm saving myself for tomorrow...
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Stella
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Dusted- Property Lines
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: I cry over commercials...so likely the last movie I saw. I think it was called the Good Dinosaur...so awesome.
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: One full year of chasing a new dream climb every month in a new location around the world. Some rock, some ice, and maybe even suffer on an alpine route.