Date Of Birth: September 3
Hometown: Vancouver, Canada
Current Location: Vancouver
Favorite Zone: Squamish, BC
Proudest Achievement: Dreamcatcher 5.14d, Squamish, Canada
Favorite Advocacy Org: Access Fund
I started climbing at 10 years old with my whole family (who still climb to this day). I took to competitions very quickly and always appreciated the challenge of competing under pressure. I was always looking for the next step in competitions as well as outdoor achievements. I now have 32 World Cup Medals, 5 victories and 4 World Championships wins (all in Open)I also achieved the level of grade 10 Royal Conservatory piano and am fluent in French.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I started with my family as an activity we could do together.
- Who were your influences early in life?: Chris Sharma, Mike Doyle, Kilian Fischhuber
- What draws you to the outdoors?: I just love being in the outdoors. I was raised playing in parks, soccer and enjoying being outside. Vancouver is notoriously rainy so I learned to appreciate the sunshine all that much more.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: I like how closely I can work with SCARPA as an athlete ambassador. They have great designs and I truly believe in their product. I hope that I can help grow the brand that I love.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: Why do you trust SCARPA products?
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: I remember how lucky I am to rock climb as a career. “Support your passion until your passion can support you”.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: I don’t “skip” training…
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Americano Misto with Almond Milk.
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Some sort of hip-hop.
- What’s the last movie that made you cry?: I’ve only ever cried in 2 movies… both which will remain a mystery.