Date Of Birth: January 24
Hometown: Buffalo, NY
Current Location: Park City, UT
Favorite Zone: Uintas
Proudest Achievement: Playing every day in the mountains
Favorite Advocacy Org: Wastach Backcountry Alliance
Growing up in Buffalo, NY, installed a love for skiing no matter the conditions, lack of vert or age of equipment. I was raised by 2 ski patrollers so I was on the slopes every weekend. I also had a penchant to break the rules. I learned to telemark when I was 14 and never looking back. It gave me a healthy dose of humble pie- on the slopes and within the industry. Leaving behind the Mormon Curtain has afforded me more pow, more vert and more turns than I know what to do with. Years later I have a wife a beautiful daughter and call Utah home.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: When I was 14 my Dad took me cross country skiing in the suburbs of Buffalo. We had a few small sledding hills and that is where he taught me the turn. Eighteen years later, I'm still doing it.
- Who were your influences early in life?: We had what we called mountain men at the resort I grew up at, the lift maintenance guys. They wore telemark boots because of the Vibram sole to climb lift towers. They took me under their wings, let me try plastic boots, new skis, new bindings.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: The freedom, the challenge, the reward. Pretty much all of it.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: SCARPA is a family and it shows. They take care of their own- not to mention they make the best products.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: Over the years I have been fortunate to have many Scarpa products. I know that whether it is a pair of shoes, ski boots or climbing shoes that I can trust them right out the gate. Throw them on and go. The quality and durability leads the industry.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Exploring something new.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: Training? I just go extra hard when I am in season and get in shape that way.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Mormon water, AKA 3.2% beer.
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: City of Angels by the Distillers.
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Any video of my daughter doing anything.
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Gulmarg, India. Skiing looks insane and I go crazy for Indian food.
- What makes a good adventure partner?: A female. They are smarter and bring snacks. They're strong and tenacious.
- Two truths and a lie: I like skiing corn. I like pow. I like groomers.