Date Of Birth: TBD
Hometown: Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Location: Sandy, UT
Favorite Zone: Red River Gorge
Proudest Achievement: After-school send of All Chalk and No Action.
Favorite Advocacy Org: Salt Lake Climbers Alliance
Climbing has always been in my life. For a long time it was something my parents did and we had fun tagging along but then one day it changed, I wanted to do it for myself. Climbing has helped shape me into someone that I like. I have grown up in this climbing community and it is amazing, there are people from all over the world that gather together because they share a common love. The climbing community in SLC or even Utah are like my family, they have a place in my heart. So many have seen me grow from the crazy red head little girl running around to becoming a climbing partner and sharing something we both are passionate about. My family has been really supportive over the last couple years in my climbing endeavors. For example, last year 2 weeks before an important comp my appendix ruptured and my family wouldn't let me give up. My family is very important in my life, I wouldn't be the person and climber I am today without them, and I am happy we share this together.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: My parents were climbers long before I was born, climbing has always been part of my life.
- Who were your influences early in life?: My parents has had a huge influence on me as a climber, because they introduced me to it. Dawn Young, a former coach of mine, taught me the importance of technique, and that's really shaped me into the climber I am today. Kyle O'meara a former coach has helped me to overcome some of my negativity and Noah Bigwood has really helped me to believe in myself. It is amazing how mental of a sport climbing is.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: Every Time I'm surrounded by the flat deserts or the tall mountains, I feel a surge of power go through my body. There is something about escaping the city and the chaos, and going into a place that gives me power and happiness.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: SCARPA is never stopping, they are always improving their products. No matter who you are they treat you as family, they are there to make products for you so that you can have fun. It seems like everyone who works at SCARPA loves the product and are having fun while making these awesome products.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: The shoes make me confident when I place my feet, no matter the rock. And each shoe has its own job and personality. Each shoe earns my trust in a different way.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Knowing I'll be spending the rest of my day with my friends and family doing something I love. Waking up and drinking coffee while watching the sunrise in the morning fills me up with joy!
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: The best excuse is getting outside because conditions are great! My school is 5 mins from the mouth of Little Cottonwood - it is so good right now.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Coconut water with chia seeds or beet juice.
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: You Don't Get Me High Anymore by Phantogram
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Lion
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Nothing specific. I just want to travel!!!
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Someone who pushes themselves and wants to send, and who wants the same for you. And someone who brings great food to the crag!
- Two truths and a lie: I have traveled through France in a van with my family, visiting some of the best climbing areas. I want to become a traveling nurse, and travel around the world and climb at the same time. I'm not a natural redhead.