Date Of Birth: Feburary 7
Hometown: San Jose, CA
Current Location: Las Vegas, NV
Favorite Zone: Baffin Island
Proudest Achievement: 1-day Yosemite Triple
Favorite Advocacy Org: Access Fund
I grew up in California and learned to climb as a kid on long easy traditional adventure romps in the Sierra Nevada. In college, I became obsessed, spending tons of time in Yosemite. From early on I knew I wanted to climb big walls. I dove in head first and started climbing tons of routes in Yosemite. Big wall climbing became my love. Over the last few years I've been learning to combine my free climbing with big wall climbing. I have climbed El Cap close to 50 times by 29 different routes. I have climbed both the Reticent Wall and the Free Rider. Now I spend most days dreaming of taking these skills to the different mountains and big walls across the world.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: Originally through my Dad.
- Who were your influences early in life?: obably Big bird and LaVar Burton.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: Wide open, wild landscapes, the stuff humans could never create.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: The incredible shoes.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: SCARPA products are carefully made and designed by a legendary shoe designer and his strong supporting team. The company is family owned and cares about creating a truly cutting edge product above all else.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Coffee. And then more coffee gets me going.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: Going skiing.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Gnarly BCAA's.
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Probably something heavy metal.
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: The Secret Lives of Pets maybe?
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: I have so many dreams...Antarctica, Baffin Island, The Karakorum.
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Getting along and being (or becoming) friends as well as having a shared vision.
- Two truths and a lie: I have a tiny dog named Mouse. I never wear boxers. I think skiing might be more pure fun than climbing.