Date Of Birth: January 30
Hometown: Bend, OR
Current Location: Bend, OR
Favorite Zone: The Karakoram
Proudest Achievement: FA Southwest Ridge of K6 West (7040m)
Favorite Advocacy Org: Access Fund
For the last decade, I have lived a life focused on the pursuit of steep new alpine lines in remote regions of the world. This has resulted in internationally significant alpine routes in the Karakoram, Tien Shan, Alaska Range, Saint Elias, Canadian Coast Range, New Zealand Southern Alps and Andes, in addition to many new routes in the continental United States. For these ascents I was a 2014 finalist for the Piolet d'Or and named the 2010 New Zealand Alpinist of the Year. Alongside my alpine climbing career I work as a Producer and Director of Development with Bedrock Film Works.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I was introduced to climbing in high school by way of a family friend. At the time, I was spending a lot of time skiing and snowboarding, I found the transition to going uphill to be an easy one.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: Beautiful spaces and intense challenges.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: With a focus on design and not cutting corners SCARPA makes the best climbing footwear on the market and the SCARPA US team is awesome.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: Trust is created by experience, I have used the SCARPA products hard and they have excelled.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: Coffee
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: Going climbing
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Chocolate Milk or Margaritas (not together)
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Buzzblood Ohio by The National
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: In my case this could be rephrased to ask "What is the last movie that you watched?"
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Back into the Karakoram with dear friends a strong body and a clear forecast.
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Motivated, experienced, fit and safe.
- Two truths and a lie: My roots are in Kansas. I really don't like the cold. I only drink decaf.