Date Of Birth: September 27
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Current Location: Squamish, BC
Favorite Zone: Squamish Chief
Proudest Achievement: FA Canadian Route, Cerro Fitzroy
Favorite Advocacy Org: Squamish Access Society
It's nothing short of a miracle that climbing came into my life and saved me from mediocrity. My compulsion has taken me to dozens of countries on five continents, and I'm not done yet. The last few years, paragliding has become a fun combo activity for me. It's a great way to pass a rest day or the quick way down off a big route. By far the funnest part about climbing and flying is all the great humans I meet along the way.
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: I started climbing when a friend encouraged me to skip a high school track meet and head out to the Niagara Escarpment. After that first day I knew I'd found my calling.
- Who were your influences early in life?: Peter Croft was the most inspiring climber for me as a kid. I still consider him to be the Neil Young of rock climbing.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: Nature and wilderness are essential parts of our humanity. Without the outdoors I'd be lost in the concrete jungle.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: Everyone I've met at SCARPA from Sales reps to the CEO is the real deal, they still get after it and love the mountains; Respect for that.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: SCARPA has been making footwear for almost a century it's easy to believe in a company that has produced such good gear for so long. If your shoemakers' name ends with a vowel your shoes will be made with love
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: It hurts but it's always worth it.
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: I like to call it exercise and skipping it makes me grumpy.
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: Panaché
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: Eye of the Tiger
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: E.T.
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: Yachting through the Mediterranean Climbing, Paragliding, and having boat drinks.
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Someone who is funny and doesn't get angry if you pull their pants down.
- Two truths and a lie: There is nothing I love more than Maple Syrup. I couldn't live without French Cheese. Gym climbing is an acceptable substitute for the real thing...