Date Of Birth: February 24
Hometown: Saskatoon, SK
Current Location: Calgary, AB
Favorite Zone: Bow River Valley
Proudest Achievement: ACA Youth Bursary Program
Favorite Advocacy Org: Access Fund
I began climbing indoors on plastic in Saskatoon, and then after being introduced to the outdoors, I promptly packed up and moved to Calgary, Alberta. Here we are close to amazing Bow Valley sport climbing; this is how we spend our summers. Winters are filled with plastic pulling, training and trying to keep up with the local Canadian crushers during the competition season. We also get away bouldering once or twice per season. Bishop, Joe's, Hueco are some of my favorite spots! My climbing life has also evolved from self-focused. I run the Alberta Climbing Association Youth Bursary program that raises money to support the development of youth climbers in Alberta, and I really love getting involved in the local community. I didn't meet climbing until my mid twenties, but when I did it instantly became part of me and my lifestyle. The community is an amazing group of people who I love spending time with!
- How did you get involved with your respective sport?: When I was doing my Masters degree at he U of S, an Italian exchange student came to our lab and asked if I would be his partner to 'learn how to climb' on the university wall. I initially said no but eventually going. I loved it. My life hasn't been the same since. That was 11 years ago!
- Who were your influences early in life?: My influences early in life were my very strong mother and grandmother. They both showed me that women could do anything they wanted to. Because of them I have never felt like my dreams weren't attainable.
- What draws you to the outdoors?: Activity and the outdoors are like medicine. Nothing beats an active day outside. I like to unplug and enjoy the air, the view, and the community.
- What do you like about SCARPA as a brand?: SCARPA as a brand comes from expertise and passion for creating diverse, reliable product. They don't have holes in their product line, offering product for all aspects of the sport. They are also very thoughtful in their design, which leads to outstanding quality and product.
- Why do you trust SCARPA products?: SCARPA products are consistent and reliable. I know if I need a particular type of shoe for a very specific job, SCARPA makes it.
- What gets you out of bed on big days?: I truly fill my life with things (work and play) that excite me. I get out of bed everyday with no regrets for what lies ahead!
- What is your best excuse for skipping training?: Generally I will bail on training because "I'm exhausted from teaching" lol!!
- Favorite recovery/apres beverage?: BCAA (While I train), sometimes protein shake. Maybe even some wine.
- If you had a baseball walkup song, what would it be?: It changes, but right now I'm liking hip hop.
- What's the last movie that made you cry?: Seriously cannot remember right now
- What's your dream trip or expedition?: A few months of cragging and living in a van
- What makes a good adventure partner?: Someone who likes to laugh!!!
- Two truths and a lie: I have a dog, I eat meatballs for breakfast, I love running.