Last updated 12 October 2018. Effective immediately.
Collection and Use of Information
Personal Information. When you access the SCARPA Website or App, use our Services, or otherwise provide any personal information or data to us, we may collect, use, and store that personal information, including but not limited to your name, mailing, shipping and billing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information. We may also collect information that you provide to us about other people, for example, by purchasing gifts or products for family or friends, we may collect their name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. The personal information we collect allows us and our marketing provider(s) to keep you posted on SCARPA’s latest product announcements, updates, upcoming events, and SCARPA news, and helps us to improve our products, Services, content, and advertising. If you do not want to be included on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by changing your account preferences or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Because SCARPA maintains several individual contact databases, e.g., for sales, contests, newsletters, etc., you may have to unsubscribe from each database individually. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about a specific sales or service transaction, our products, their proper use, purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to you, your use of SCARPA products, and your relationship with SCARPA, you may not opt out of receiving these communications. We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, processing payments and orders, and research to improve our products, Services, and customer communications. If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, or access linked social media accounts, we may collect and use the information you provide to administer those programs. In addition, information that you give us may be combined with other personal information (e.g., order history, demographic data, etc.) from third-party sources to improve our products, Services, and programs. For example, we may receive updated delivery and address information from third-party sources, which we use to correct our records and insure delivery of SCARPA products and materials to you.
Use of Information. Financial and personal information that you provide is used to process your order, verify, bill, and collect payment for products that you order. We may use your contact information from any order to send SCARPA products, catalogs, emails, and other information about SCARPA, its affiliates, and/or its partners. If you register for SCARPA’s newsletter or mailing list and provide your email address to us, we will send you emails or other communications that may inform you of new products, special sales, promotional offers from SCARPA, our affiliates, partners, SCARPA news, and any other events or issues that we think you may enjoy or find interesting. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings by following the steps described below in "Removing, Correcting or Changing Your Information".
Service Providers: SCARPA shares personal information with companies and individuals who provide certain services for SCARPA, such as information and payment processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products, managing, analyzing, and enhancing customer data, marketing consultation, research, assistance, and/or sponsorship, providing customer service, website maintenance and operation, assessing your interest in our products and Services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys, etc. These companies have access to personal information, including financial information, needed to perform their services or functions, are obligated to protect your information, and may be located wherever SCARPA elects.
Partners: SCARPA may share your email and contact information with third parties who co-sponsor events with SCARPA, and/or who collaborate with SCARPA in various activities, including marketing, promotional, and other activities. Except as otherwise described herein, for example, marketing collaboration with third parties, processing your order and payment and similar tasks, SCARPA does not share your name and postal address with any non-SCARPA affiliate, nor does SCARPA share your credit card information or email address with any other third party. Our customer's private, personal information and privacy is respected by SCARPA. Occasionally, SCARPA may send information from our affiliates or partners to our customers that we think they may find interesting, in addition to communications directly from SCARPA.
Your Consent: SCARPA may disclose and use your personal information any time that you consent to such disclosure of use.
Third Party Analytics: Our website also uses third-party analytics vendors such as Google and Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, and Mailchimp Analytics and similar services.
Additional information about how data is collected and processed by third-party analytics vendors is found at:
Google Analytics: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Facebook Analytics: https://analytics.facebook.com/, and https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
We and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content of our websites, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
Interest-Based Advertising. We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across sites over time, in order to deliver more relevant advertising when you are using the Websites and/or Services. This practice is known as interest-based advertising. You may visit Document4www.aboutads.info to learn more and to opt out of this type of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulatory program. We do not operate or control these sites and are not responsible for the opt out choices available there. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications, although it may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. If you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice. Our Websites currently do not have a mechanism to recognize “Do Not Track” signals.
Removing, Correcting or Changing your Information. As a registered user, our Websites provide you with the choice to receive or decline most SCARPA communications. Except as otherwise provided herein, to elect not receive future electronic communications from SCARPA and not have your information shared with other companies, or to correct or change certain information that you have previously provided:
Please note that, as stated above, from time to time, SCARPA may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about a specific sales or service transaction, our products, their proper use, purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to you, your use of SCARPA products, and your relationship with SCARPA, you may not opt out of receiving these communications. Further, SCARPA will not delete personal information that is required by law or other ongoing legal obligations. If you would like to correct or request changes to the personal information that you have previously provided to us, please contact us at: [email protected]
Children. SCARPA does not knowingly sell merchandise for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our Websites only with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian. Our Websites and Services are not intended for the use of children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have made a purchase from SCARPA Websites within the past eighteen (18) months may request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please contact SCARPA as provided below.
Questions? Please Contact Us. If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy or security of your information, you may contact us by email or mail at the following addresses:
SCARPA North America, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
3550 Frontier Ave., Unit E
Boulder, CO 80301
303.998.2895 Ext. 100
Last updated 4 April 2018. Effective immediately.
By using the Websites, you represent that you are at least 18 years old, or you are at least the minimum legal age to enter into a contract in the jurisdiction in which you are viewing the Websites. The Websites and the information contained in reference herein are for your personal, non-commercial use only. As long as you comply with these Terms, SCARPA grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the Websites.
1. Content. All text, graphics, interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer code (collectively the “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Websites is owned, controlled or licensed by or to SCARPA, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent, and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of the Websites and no Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without SCARPA’s express prior written consent. You may use information on SCARPA products and services (such as data sheets, product images, technical specifications, articles, and similar materials) from the Websites, provided that you (1) do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notice from any of the materials, (2) use such information only for your personal informational use and do not sell or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, (3) do not use the Content in a manner that implies an association with SCARPA, or any of our products, services or brands, and (4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such materials.
2. Third-Party Website Links. The Websites may contain links to other third-party websites (“Linked Websites”). Any such Linked Websites are provided solely for your reference and as a convenience to you. SCARPA does not endorse or make any representation or warranty regarding the content or accuracy of such Linked Websites. Such Linked Websites are not under SCARPA’s control, and SCARPA is not responsible for and makes no endorsement or representation about the information or materials contained on such Linked Websites. If you access any Linked Websites, you do so at your own risk. SCARPA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR DEALINGS WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY OR LINKED WEBSITES, ANY MERCHANT OR OPERATOR OF THIRD-PARTY OR LINKED WEBSITES, OR ANY OTHER PERSON WITH WHOM YOU ENGAGE IN ANY TRANSACTION.
3. Limited License to Access Websites. As long as you comply with these Terms, SCARPA grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Websites. SCARPA also grants you a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a link to the Websites’ home pages provided that the link does not portray SCARPA, or its products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any SCARPA logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission. Without the express prior written consent of SCARPA, this limited license does NOT allow you: (1) to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or in any way otherwise use or exploit for any commercial purpose all or any part of the Websites or its Content; (2) to collect and/or use any product listings, descriptions, or prices; (3) any derivative use of the Websites or their Content; (4) to download or copy information, including but not limited to account information, for the benefit of yourself or any third party; (5) to download or modify all or any part of the Websites; (6) any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools; (7) to use any meta tags or any other hidden data utilizing SCARPA's name or trademarks; (8) to frame or capture any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (e.g., text, photographs, images, page layout, etc.) on the Websites, and/or (9) any other inappropriate or improper use of the Websites. Any unauthorized use by you of any of these Terms shall automatically terminate the limited license granted by SCARPA to you to use the Websites.
4. Your Account and Obligations. If you use the Websites, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information (including but not limited to your password and credit card information) and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept full responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password and you agree to notify SCARPA immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You understand and agree that you may be held liable for losses incurred by SCARPA and/or any other user of or visitor to the Websites due to someone else using your SCARPA username, password or account if you fail to keep your account information secure and confidential.
You may not use any other person’s SCARPA username, password or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that SCARPA username, password or account. If you are under 18, you may use SCARPA’s Websites only with involvement and approval of a parent or guardian. SCARPA will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person's username, password or other account information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph. You also agree to notify SCARPA at [email protected] immediately upon learning of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to any SCARPA Websites. SCARPA may suspend or terminate your account and your use of any Websites if you fail to comply with these Terms, and SCARPA reserves the right to refuse service, terminate any account, remove or edit Content, and/or cancel orders in SCARPA’s sole discretion.
Your use of the Websites is conditioned upon your agreement to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Websites, these Terms, and such further limitations as may be set forth in any written or on-screen notice from SCARPA. In addition, you agree that all information that you provide to SCARPA in connection with any purchase, transaction or other interaction with SCARPA on the Websites will be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges and any applicable taxes incurred by yourself and/or any other users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with any purchase or transaction with SCARPA at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred.
By using the Websites, you agree not to violate, attempt to violate or assist others in violating or attempting to violate the security of the Websites, including, without limitation, doing or attempting any of the following: (1) probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of the Websites, their servers, systems or networks, (2) breaching authentication/security measures, (3) logging into a server or account or accessing data that you are not authorized to access, (4) interfering in any way with the Websites’ services to any user, host, or network, by any means including, viruses, spam, overloading, etc., and/or (5) sending unsolicited email, and/or forging headers in any email or posting.
You agree that SCARPA may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your access to the Websites and/or block your future access to the Websites, for any reason, including but not limited to: (1) if we determine that you have violated these Terms or other agreements or guidelines associated with your use of the Websites, (2) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (3) a request by you, (4) discontinuance or material modification of the Websites or any service offered on or through the Websites, or (5) technical issues or problems. You agree that SCARPA will not be liable to you or to any third party for termination of your access to the Websites. You also agree that any violation by you of these Terms will constitute at minimum an unlawful and unfair business practice, and will cause irreparable harm to SCARPA, for which monetary damages may be inadequate, and you consent to SCARPA obtaining any injunctive or equitable relief that SCARPA deems necessary or appropriate in such circumstances. If SCARPA initiates any legal action against you as a result of your violation of these Terms, you agree that SCARPA will be entitled to recover from you, and you agree to pay, all SCARPA’s reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of such action, in addition to any other relief granted to SCARPA. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies SCARPA may have at law or in equity.
5. Electronic Communications. When you visit SCARPA Websites or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically and you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Websites. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
7. Copyright. All Content included on the Websites, such as text, images, graphics, logos, icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, and the compilation of all Content on this Websites is the exclusive property of SCARPA, its licensors, or its suppliers and protected by the United States Copyright Act and international copyright laws. Nothing stated or implied on the Websites gives you any license or legal right under any copyright of SCARPA or any third party. Federal and state laws, prohibit you from duplicating, copying, reproducing, broadcasting, modifying, editing, distributing, displaying, publishing, performing, circulating, or transmitting any Content or part of the Websites for any purpose.
8. Trademarks. All trademarks, logos and service marks (the "Marks") displayed on the Websites are owned by SCARPA and/or third parties. You are prohibited from using any of the Marks without the express, prior, written permission of SCARPA or such third party. If you would like information about obtaining SCARPA's permission to use the Content on your website, e-mail [email protected]. Some of the U.S. registered trademarks owned by SCARPA include: SCARPA, S SCARPA, and NO PLACE TOO FAR. All other Marks on our Websites and other SCARPA.com graphics, logos, page headers, icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade dress of SCARPA in the U.S. and/or other countries, and are owned exclusively by SCARPA. SCARPA's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not SCARPA's, in any